Thursday 22 March 2007

"Too Religious"

At first I thought too religious there's no such thing, but then having given it some serious thought, I realised there are actually people out there that without a doubt are considered as too religious. I'll never forget the time when I saw a middle age woman in Birmingham where I'm from preaching at the 70's bus stop, which is one of the busiest bus stops in town. She was literally shouting at the top of her voice as she walked up and down in the middle of the road preaching about God. Of course I couldn't believe my eyes, and as I began to watch peoples reaction as they walked by on that busy Saturday afternoon, there was nothing left for me to do but laugh. As always I thought that was just a one off and I'd never see anything like that again but weeks later my friend told me that she had located herself at another bus stop in town and got arrested for her preaching to my surprise she put up a fight because in her eyes she was doing the right thing. To this day I still see this woman in town from time to time, its got to the point where I cant even laugh any more I just roll my eyes and continue where I'm going. So there you have it, I suppose you can be to religious especially if it’s resulting in you getting arrested!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/

No comments: