Saturday 3 March 2007

Smoking

Smoking can seriously harm your body and have effects on those around you. When you smoke, less oxygen reaches your lungs. Nicotine, the addictive stuff, stimulates your central nervous system, making your heart beat faster and raising your blood pressure. Tar from cigarettes ends up in your lungs. Every year thousands of people die from smoking related diseases.
Over the past few years there has been a drastic increase on encouraging people to stop smoking. And now putting a stop to smoking is about to reach its extreme. From 1st of July 2007 virtually all enclosed public places and workplaces in England will become smoke free. So how will all you smokers cope? Ready to give up yet?
Dan raises some good points about smoking. I must say when I did first seen you with a cigarette in your hand I was kind of shocked, because you don’t fit into that stereotypical appearance of a smoker. Anyways, you raise a good question...why do the government supply cigarettes knowing that smoking can lead to death? It doest make much sense really.
Our televisions do contain a lot of films, programmes and even cartoons that promote smoking. This could be why pre-teens and teenagers decide to try it "to see what its like" but I think it’s a very bad look and I don’t like to see young people smoke. I’m surprised that as a "part time" smoker you agree with the ban, but your right it will benefit known smokers like myself. I think it could possibly make it easier for smokers to give up because they know they can’t do it in the club or pub their in, and their not exactly going to stop going out are they. Face it a lot of people smoke just as a routine, once their put in a situation where their routine has to be broken they might eventually get use to change and give up all together.

1 comment:

J.T2 said...

http://m1forward.blogspot.com/

Dan raises some good points about smoking. I must say when I did first see him with a cigarette in his hand I was kind of shocked, because you don’t fit into that stereotypical appearance of a smoker. Anyways, he raises a good question...why do the government cigarettes knowing that smoking can lead to death? It doest make much sense really.
Our televisions do contain a lot of films, programmes and even cartoons that promote smoking. This could be why pre-teens and teenagers decide to try it "to see what its like" but I think it’s a very bad look and I don’t like to see young people smoke.
I’m surprised that as a "part time" smoker you agree with the ban, but your right it will benefit known smokers like myself. I think it could possible make it easier for smokers to give up because they know they can’t do it in the club or pub their in, and their not exactly going to stop going out are they. Face it a lot of people smoke just as a routine, once there put in a situation where their routine has to be broken they might eventually get use to change and give up all together.